Activities of our team
The “Hydrocarbons Chemistry & Technology” research unit performs geochemical studies, providing detailed analyses of crude oils and potential source rocks. The main objectives of our work are:
- Analysis and interpretation of biomarkers in crude oils and sediments
- Rock-Eval – total organic carbon analysis
- CHNS-O analysis
- Characterization of the depositional environment
- Evaluation of petroleum generation potential, maturity, degree of biodegradation
- Oil-oil and oil-source correlations
One of the basic research directions in our group is the instrumental analysis and the characterization of fossil fuels (oil, natural gas, coal e.t.c.).
During the last 10 years we have been involved in many projects dealing with the analysis and characterization of organic pollutants in the environment, produced during production and use of fossil fuels.
In environmental studies, we employ a series of chemometric techniques for the identification and characterization of petroleum derived pollutants (fingerprinting).
All the analytical equipments, appropriate for the analytical characterization of organic pollutants in solid, liquid and gaseous samples are available